Sunday 6 August 2017

Hinchcliffe 20mm French Artillery

The Oxfam Hinton Hunt seam is now all worked out. The last bag of miscellaneous Napoleonic bits and pieces went out this morning.

Of course I nipped  down anyway just to see. It included some items that would prove useful. 

First up there were 5 artillery pieces although one was missing a barrel which I will have to find a replacement for.


I remember having a Hinchcliffe gun and that they had small indents in the barrels and small roundels inside the gun carriage.


Well I am confident that these are indeed Hinchcliffe artillery and I am pleased to add these to my collection.

Also included where 7 more Hinton French Officers and these will be used to officer my new battalions I plan to get from John Cunningham. There were also 2 French elite Hussars. 


Interesting there were a few other items including what I believe are Douglas Miniatures Spanish and a Alberken/Minifig 20mm British Officer.


You can just make out the DM on the figure base.


There were a few Minifig S range figures, which I don't need, however one is rather nicely painted so may make into my French army.



I have feel lucky to have found so many Hinton Hunt figures over the last few weeks and it certainly had helped to get this project progressing along nicely.

4 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Lucky you - nice painted figures !

Stryker said...

You certainly have had some luck but I think these figures deserve to have the good home you have found them!

Chris Gregg said...

You are providing a wonderful nostalgia trip through your blog posts - they all look absolutely splendid in that classic way.
Chris

Wellington Man said...

There are enough officers there for six battalions, Mark! This is starting to get very serious.