Saturday 29 July 2017

British Fusiliers

This morning I received a call from my local Oxfam to say that a few more figures had gone on sale including some British Crimean.

Although I was not interested in Crimean War I thought I would pop down anyway.


Well they are certainly original Hinton Hunt figures.  A quick visit to Clives Hinton Hunter blog confirmed that they were indeed Napoleonic 30 * BN72 British Fusiliers charging and 2*  BN70 Fusilier Officer charging.


In addition there was a mounted General Hill from the Alberken/early Minifig range.



Included were 3 later minifig command figures. 2 of the chunky ones, and a thinner earlier standard bearer figure. The chunky ones are of no use however I can use the slimmer figure. He will need a new flag.


A comparison showing the slimmer minifig figure and a Hinton Hunt Officer.

6 comments:

Colin Ashton said...

It never ceases to amaze me what OTHER people find in their local charity shops! 😉🤔☹

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Very jealous ! nothing even moderately interesting in our local one

mojoworking said...

Oxfam shops seem to be a trend on vintage 20mm blogs this week, stryker has also mentioned them. Must start visiting my local charity shops but I don't think Hull will be fruitful ground.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Well done! Enjoy them.

Best regards,

Stokes

Stryker said...

They look very smart Mark - well done!

Wellington Man said...

Well done, Mark. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Best regards,
WM