Wednesday 17 February 2016

Downsizing - 6mm

I purchased some Baccus 6mm SYW figures at Vapnartak as part of my downsizing experiments.

Here are my first go at this scale. The Austrian Waldeck Regiment.  I have organised them as a 48 figure unit and based them on 2cm square bases.

I intend to use these for rules such as the Wargame and use markers for casualties and officer loses.  I will use cm rather than inches.

These chaps were actually a lot easy to paint than I thought.




The full unit deployed.




So I have tried 6mm, 10mm and 15mm in the last few months for my downsizing.  

So having tried all 3 of the smaller scales my verdict is........6mm





2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

The painting is excellent, and bravo for putting a lot of them both on the base, and in the unit (I don't see what the point is of having a dozen 6mm figures masquerading as a regiment on an over large base)... Not sure I like the sculpt though... I know what it is, it's those ridiculous bayonets... they make it look like a regiment of Old Father Times'... be better (in 6mm) not modelling it... but purely in my view... and en masse your regiment looks good... :o)

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Good work on the 6mm figures.

See my experiment which includes 6mm at:

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/the-big-buy-at-vapnartak-2016.html